SUTURE REMOVAL – EXTENDED DUTIES
|Admissions Open||1 Day|
What are the objectives of this course?
- At the end of the course student should depict basic understanding of theoretical knowledge and technique for suture removal assist chair-side with all
- Demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through set assignments.
Who is it intended for?
For Registered Dental Care Professional assisting dentist or specialist with minor oral surgery procedures like extraction, periodontal surgery implant surgery etc, and look forward to further enhance their skills and understanding to improve the 4 handed dentistry, leading to delivery of better patient care.
- Dental Nursing Qualification
- GDC Registration Number
- Self Motivation
- Time to complete a portfolio
- Supportive Employer
- Access to adults patients requiring suture removal after seen by the clinician
Certificate of Competency in Suture Removal
What marks this course apart?
- Convenient location, just 2-3 minutes away from public transport
- Small group with friendly environment
- 1:1 attention
- Free tea/ coffee with biscuits
What happens after requesting information?
- Chat with course advisor
- Submission of requested document and fees
Do I need to complete a portfolio
Yes, a portfolio has to be completed at the end of the course within the set time frame for satisfactory completion.
Is there an assignment work for submission at the end of the course?
Yes, an assignment of short answer and question has to be submitted at the end of the course.
How is the course delivered ?
Are there any CPD hours attached to portfolio work and assignment ?
Yes, satisfactory and successful completion provides 12 hours.
Is there a time frame for the completion of portfolio and assignment?
Yes, within one month from the date of course attended
The course will cover:
- GDC Scope of Practice- Extended Duties for Dental Nurses
- Patient consent and communication
- Oral Cavity and Wound Healing
- Awareness on suture material and types
- Hand Hygiene
- Technique and Instrumentarium
- Discussion and Feedback