PLAQUE INDICES – EXTENDED DUTIES
|Admissions Open||1 Day|
What are the objectives of this course?
- At the end of the course student should depict basic understanding of plaque indices, as a part of oral health assessment and education.
- Demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through portfolio and set assignments.
Who is it intended for?
Dental nurses will be able to use plaque indices as part of oral health assessment and education
- Dental Nursing Qualification
- GDC Registration Number
- Self Motivation
- Time to complete a portfolio
- Supportive Employer
- Access to patients for recording plaque indices
Certificate of Competency in Plaque Indices
What marks this course apart?
- Convenient location, just 2-3 minutes away from all public transport
- Small group with friendly environment
- 1:1 attention
- Free tea/ coffee with biscuits
What happens after requesting information?
- Chat with course advisor
- Submission of requested document and fees
Do I need to complete a portfolio
Yes, a portfolio has to be completed at the end of the course within 6 weeks for satisfactory completion.Evidence of treatment of 3 patients on two occasions having had a plaque score at both visits as part of their oral health education. Patients can be any age or patient group, and the associated oral health advice can be on any appropriate topic
Is there an assignment work for submission at the end of the course?
Yes, an assignment of short answer and question has to be submitted at the end of the course.
Are there any CPD hours attached to portfolio work and assignment ?
Yes, satisfactory and successful completion all course provides 12 hours.
Is there a time frame for the completion of portfolio and assignment?
Yes, 6 weeks from the date of course attended.
The course will cover:
- Regulations and the GDC
- Indications for the use of Plaque Indices
- Patient consent and communication
- Patient Preparation
- Structure of Oral Cavity
- Plaque and Oral Hygiene