NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN DENTAL NURSING
12 - 14 Months|
| Inquire Now
I am very happy with the services offered to my trainee dental nurses at BDT, they had received in-depth training covering a variety of subjects. This is a great course and is held in high regard in my opinion.
Life changing course.
Quality training at affordable price.
Pooja is an excellent tutor, and explains all the topics in a very simple way.
Thanks to Asma for all the support provided in finding me a work placement and supporting tutors in pushing me all the way so I could pass my Diploma exam in 1st attempt.
Buddha Dental Tree is a NEBDN accredited centre based in Hammersmith, London. We run NEBDN (National Examining Board for Dental Nurses) National Diploma in Dental Nursing course which provides a route to registration with General Dental Council (GDC). This course is offered on part-time basis; on Sunday Morning / Afternoon giving you the opportunity to work during the week at the same time while studying towards a recognised DIPLOMA qualification.
If you have ever dreamt of a career in dentistry, this is an ideal course for you to enter into dental industry. It is also recommended for anyone wishing to change to a professional career with good job prospects. No experience is necessary and you can start earning while you study as a trainee dental nurse.
This 12-14 months dental nursing diploma course is comprised of a written examination, practical examinations and a workplace portfolio (Record of Experience). In addition to the theoretical training students are offered two mock examination days to fully prepare them for their NEBDN Diploma besides regular classroom assessment.
Timetable of session dates given on induction day.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Unqualified dental nurses already working as dental nurses
- Candidates interested in becoming a dental nurse
- Overseas qualified dental nurses who wish to obtain a UK dental nursing qualification and be registered with the GDC
The course provides teaching in line with the NEBDN Diploma in Dental Nursing curriculum and the General Dental Councils ‘Preparing for Practice’ document.
- Infection Control
- Regional Anatomy
- Oral Surgery
- Patient Management
- Health and Safety
- Dental Disease etc
- Undertake a written and OSCE examination to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of Oral Health Education.
- Demonstrate competency in clinical procedures through completion of a Record of Experience
In order to take the qualification:
- You will need to have a good standard of literacy in order to study and produce the written work for the course.
- You will also need to be working at least 16 hours a week in a dental surgery as a trainee dental nurse. This is due to the practical experience time necessary to be able to complete the coursework required to sit the exam. Your role should be in a general dental environment, if it is within a specialist practice (orthodontic or endodontic for example) or oral surgery department of a hospital then you would also need to be able to work in a general dental environment to get experience of general dentistry.
- If you are working on a voluntary basis this is fine but you must carry out at least 16 hours of work a week to gain sufficient practical experience.
- A workplace mentor with GDC Registration. Workplace mentors will need to be in a position to spend time supporting the trainee dental nurses’ learning and training at workplace.
- PC & Internet Connection for E-RoE (Record of Experience)
- Self-motivation and hard-work
The following topics are covered in the syllabus:
- Professionalism and the Role of the Dental Nurse
- Health and Safety
- Dealing with Medical Emergencies
- General, Dental and Regional Anatomy
- Oral Disease
- Prevention of Oral Disease
- Restorative Dentistry
- Child Dental Health
- Minor Oral Surgery
- Pain and Anxiety Control
For detailed information, please refer to the NEBDN National Diploma in Dental Nursing Syllabus here
RECORD OF EXPERIENCE
The Record of Experience is divided into 5 Units with PERS and Supplementary outcome tasks:
Preparing and maintaining clinical environment, sterilising process, disinfection of impressions with supplementary outcome on GDC Standards guidance, BLS, infection control policy and personal development plan/PDP.
Assisting preventive treatment and supplementary outcomes on oral hygiene instructions, terminology, appointments, medication and medical records.
Clinical assessment, assisting in taking and processing X-ray and supplementary outcomes on dental charting, periodontal charting and dental radiographs.
Cavity Restoration procedures, endodontic procedures, fixed prosthesis procedures, removable prosthesis procedures and supplementary tasks on laboratory prescription and dental bridges.
Extraction procedure, local anaesthetic procedures and supplementary outcome tasks on post -operative care, oral hygiene instructions, orthodontic appliance and anxious patients.
- NEBDN Written Examination – 75 multiple choice questions (MCQ) and 50 extended matching questions (EMQ)
- NEBDN OSCE Examination(Objective structured Clinical Examination)
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
This course prepares students for the NEBDN examination. The following must be completed:
- Record of Experience
- Pass the written and OSCE exams
FIND OUT MORE
For more detailed information about the course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 07738297610